Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Flutter your eyelashes.

{Do ignore the pimple. :P} So I love people who have long eyelashes. I personally am not blessed with long thick ones, so there are some things that I do to make it look prettier. Today I'm going to share with you the things that I do to have longer, fuller eyelashes.

1) Curl your eyelashes. I can't emphasize how much of a difference this makes. A lot of people have long lashes, but like mine, they drop down instead of curling upwards. That's where the eyelash curler plays a part. DO curl your eyelashes before applying mascara, or you'll risk pulling your lashes out when you curl it. Even without putting on mascara, your lashes would look pretty just by curling it.

2) Prime your eyelashes. I find that priming my eyelashes before putting on mascara gives the illusion of thicker, fuller lashes without making the mascara clumpy. And by priming, I don't mean by using the white mascara. What I mean is by taking liquid eyeliner and filling in your lashes with it. It sounds funny, I know, but trust me, it makes a huge difference when you apply your mascara. You can also just use an eyeliner on your lashes if you want a very natural look.

3) Line your waterline. This is something I don't do because I have ultra sensitive eyes that'll tear up the moment the liner touches my waterline. But if you don't, do line it! At least the upper lashline and waterline. This will give the illusion of thicker lashes. If you want to keep it natural, don't make a thick line. Only the waterline and as close to the lash line as possible.

4) Use two different types of mascara. Preferably two different formulas, where one should be waterproof and the other one isn't. Use the non-waterproof mascara first. You can also use a lengthening/thickening combo, where you first use the volumizing mascara before using the lengthening mascara. This won't provide you with a natural look, but it does make it seem like you're wearing falsies :)

5) Highlight your inner corners! Okay so I've been looking at videos on youtube and I came across this makeup artist (gossmakeupartist) and he had a video on how to make your eyelashes look longer and fuller. And most of the tips he gave was the ones that I wrote down and have heard of before but there was one tip in particular that made me go 'wow', and that is to highlight the inner corners of your eyes. You may think it don't make a difference but it makes your eyes pop and you won't even need any eye makeup after that. With the long lashes and your inner corner (and brow bone) highlighted, you're good to go!

And if things don't work out with your lashes, there's always a pretty lipstick to the rescue :) And your confidence. And your smile. :D






Your mum reads my blog.
Time's going by so slowly.

No comments: